Although we take proactive steps to combat these scammers, the best defense is a little common sense.
Safe Buying & Selling Tips:
- Buy and sell locally. There’s no substitute for dealing with someone who lives and works in your hometown.
- Don’t buy an item that you have not seen and touched.
- Don’t accept checks, money orders, cashier’s checks, or postal checks — especially from distant buyers.
- Do not send money by Western Union or wire transfer to anyone, anytime, anywhere.
- Don’t give out personal info, credit cards numbers, social security numbers, etc.
- Scammers use fake phone numbers. If you call a number that is out of service, rings a fax machine, or a person that is not selling the item, let us know.
- If something is too good to be true, it probably is.